Michael MacBrien is Director General of the European Property Federation.
Place of Birth
- Selwyn House (Westmount, Montreal)
- Law degree (Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Masters in European Law (Institut d'Études Européennes de l'Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- 1982: Assistant, European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries Associations.
- 1983-1989: Adviser, European Banking Federation during the years in which the European Commission and banks designed the legislation underpinning the Internal Market for Financial Services.
- 1989-1994: Consultant in European affairs.
- 1994 - to date: Co-founder and Partner, MacBrien Cuper Isnard, Consultants in European Affairs, Brussels.
- 1997 - to date: Setting up of the European Property Federation and management of its Secretariat.
- 2004 - to date: Adviser, The European Group of Valuers' Associations (TEGoVA); reorganisation and management of its Secretariat.